Friday, January 27, 2012

Shazam!



Behold, the Awesome Power of The Gays.

If there was a gay superhero, his super power would be obvious...

GENTRIFICATION POWERS ACTIVATE!

Yesterday, I met with a realtor. We weren't going to make the same mistake twice and use the agent we bought the house with. We could fill a Chuck E. Cheese ball pit with all the balls she dropped on the sale. Instead, I called the listing agent. We had been impressed with her and we figured she was familiar with the house and it's myriad... challenges.

"Oh my God, it doesn't even look like the same house!" she exclaimed when I met her at the door. She marveled at the transformation we'd brought about. It just goes to show what you can do with a little imagination and 60 gallons of paint. And a chainsaw.

We just want out and would be fine breaking even, but after taking a tour of the renovated house, she assured me we'd walk away with some money, probably something around ten grand. Who'd a thunk it?

There are some issues, of course, first and foremost the gaping hole in the ceiling. She gave me the names of some contractors she uses and the plan is to get that taken care of in the next couple of weeks and put the house on the market around Valentines Day.

"I just can't get over what you were able to do!" she said.

Thank you Ma'am, it's what we do.

And so, to the people of Bakersfield, I say our work here is done. You're welcome.