Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Grand Theft Bako



I met the neighbor from across the street on Saturday.

Not under the best of circumstances.

He came over to inform me that the day before, on Friday, he had been robbed.

Sometime between 3pm and 7 pm, thieves had broken in through his back sliding door and made off with a 60" plasma TV, a 40" plasma TV, a desktop computer and two laptops.

"Thank God they didn't find all my guns" he said and then rattled off a list of everything in his arsenal.

Well, yes, thank God for that. I know I feel safer knowing there's a massive gun stash right across the street.

The police came out that evening and made a report and since the only way everything could've been carted away was down the narrow path between his condo and his neighbors, they interviewed the neighbors.

And that would be Jim and his father Erich.

Erich informed the cops he had been at work during that time.

Jim told the cops he hadn't been home all day.

And that's where we have a little bit of a problem... that was a lie.

Jim was home all day. I know this because I was home all day and I can see and hear him from my office window. Not only was he home all day, but sometime around 3 o'clock he hosted a little cocktail party for his degenerate friends. I could hear them carrying on and saw their trucks parked across the street. Parked right in front of the path between the two condos.

It seems to me a truck would come in pretty handy to move a 60" plasma TV.

The neighbor told me he didn't trust Jim and had asked the cop to run his record and it ends up Jim has a rap sheet a mile long, mostly for dealing meth and robbery. And a several year stay in prison for... armed robbery.

That's a few too many coinkydinks for me.