Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Wrap(up)



Christmas wasn't giftless after all. On Saturday I received a lovely letter from those kind, hardworking, selfless folks at the IRS. As I had hoped and prayed, they'd seen the error of their ways and were writing to inform me I didn't in fact owe them $295,000.00, due this coming Thursday, paid in full. Truly a Christmas miracle.

Other than that, Christmas was a non-event for us. We regretfully passed on spending the holiday with my parents, as we usually do, which I know just broke my mother's heart. But with Christmas falling on Sunday and the boyfriend's work schedule, it would have meant packing up the dogs and doing a kamikaze round trip in under 24 hours. Considering half that time would have been spent on the road or sleeping, it just didn't make sense.

Besides, my sister decided it was her turn to cook, and the boyfriend and I have suffered enough for one year.