Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Putting The “Bake” In “Bako”



Well, good news. The toxic ammonia cloud proved no match for Bakersfield's notoriously bad air.

"The cloud appears to have just disappeared" said the reporter out in the field, incredulously.

No, honey, it was absorbed. It's now part of the mix. You're soaking in it.

I swear, if NASA ever wants to do research into the possibility of life on a hostile world, they should set up shop here.

The heat is bad enough, but the humidity is killing me. I don't remember it being this bad last summer. Then again, I tend to block out most of what happens here. It's a coping mechanism. A big part of the reason this blog exists is so one day I can look back over it to remember what happened during this unfortunate time in my life.

Over the weekend we had the Twilight Zone marathon on in the background. They aired an episode I hadn't seen before called "The Midnight Sun". It takes place in the near future when the earth has been knocked slightly off it's orbit and is slowly spiraling into the sun. People were dying, thermometers burst, the power went out, water was scarce and paintings were literally melting off the walls.

That's Bakersfield on a good day.