Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sordid Lives


I'm over Judge Judy.

Part of it is because her judgements just seem so arbitrary and capricious, depending more on her mood than the letter of the law.

But more importantly, it's just so demoralizing watching the constant parade of dumbshit, low-life, white trash that appear on the show. It's hard enough watching them; I couldn't even imagine living among them. Take last night's episode, for example:



"Your Honor, I loaned the defendant $2000 to buy a car. She asked to borrow the money after she totaled her Honda. She also said she needed a bigger car for all her kids."

"While I was unfortunately incarcerated for being drunk in public, I received a $10,000 disability settlement. I used $4000 to buy myself a car and loaned the defendant $2000."




"How could you buy a car if you were incarcerated? Did your boyfriend buy the car?"



"No Ma'am. He's in prison."

"When I learned I was going to be unfortunately incarcerated, I opened a joint checking account with my boyfriend's mother so she could take care of my business. She bought the car"




"Your Honor, that isn't true. I never borrowed any money from her. After I unfortunately totaled my car, I used $1000 I borrowed from my mother's boyfriend and the $500 scrap fee for my Honda to buy a car at the 'U-Pick U-Save' salvage yard. Here's the receipt."





"That aint true."



"I personally took the money out of our account and gave it to the defendant at Arby's. I have a ATM receipt."



"Miss Defendant, why would this woman lie about something like that?"



"I honestly don't know Your Honor."

"I don't know why she's siding with Jessica even though she's eight months pregnant with someone else's baby. She got knocked up while her son was locked up."

"And she's turning against her own grandbabies... her son is the baby daddy of two of my kids!"




"Judgement for $2000 in favor of the Plaintiff."



"Thank you Your Honor..."