Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Missing In Action



Sharp-eyed readers of the blog may have noticed something conspicuously absent these past few months...

Cockroaches!

I know - it's a miracle!

It would appear we left the roaches behind when we moved. Since we moved into the new house, we've only spotted two of them and they were both outside. In Bakersfield, that's statistically insignificant.

Now, I'm not saying the city doesn't have a roach problem - it does. But it would appear that our particular infestation had less to do with the city and more to do with our slovenly ex-neighbor, Mary.

I always suspected she was Queen of the Roaches.

That being said, I'm not prepared to declare victory just yet. I'm no expert in these matters and for all I know the opossum was what was keeping things in check. Once the weather warms up, things could change. But I will go on record to say that we are cautiously optimistic.