Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Scene Of The Crime



The FBI just released crime stats for the first part of 2010 and it looks like nationwide violent crime is down over 6%. In LA, the homicide rate has dropped to the lowest level since 1967. That's great news! Good for them.

Here in Bako, we do things a little different, march to a different drummer. Here, for the first 6 months of 2010, violent crime is UP 33%!

I believe it.

Monday night the dogs and I were startled awake by the sound of a shot gun blast nearby.

The boyfriend slept through it, but he's been known to sleep through earthquakes. He insists it must have been a car backfiring, not a shotgun.

Listen - I lived for most of the 90's in Venice Beach, back before the Bobos invaded, back when it was still prime gang turf. Handguns, automatics, sawed-off shotguns... I know my firearms.

This one sounded like a 12-gauge. Just an educated guess.

PS - I heard about the 33% crime increase on the morning news, but when I went to their website, it doesn't appear. It's a curious pattern with all the local news outlets. They'll report negative news about Bako on TV, but it never seems to migrate it to the web. Destroying the evidence I suppose. At any rate, couldn't find a link for the stats.