Saturday, December 4, 2010

Comings and Goings



When I returned from my Wiener Adventure at Walmart yesterday, I was saddened to discover Cindy (the Good Neighbor) moving out. She had friends haphazardly throwing her crap in the back of a couple of pickups.

"Your moving?" I asked, somewhat surprised.

"Yeah. This place is just too big for one person and it costs a fortune to cool and heat" she replied.

Her unit is a mirror image of ours, three bedrooms with huge cathedral ceilings in the living room, so I could see her point.

"Plus, I'm done with roommates. The last one was a heroin addict..."

Honey, I hate to break it to you but they've ALL been heroin addicts - that's what you get when you advertise on Craigslist.

By nightfall she was gone. I can't say I'll miss her braying beagles. All the same, the neighborhood will be a little sadder for her absence.

Not much to report on the other side of the wall. Mary seems to be rattling her cage a little more frequently, but we haven't had any other altercations since I dropped the C-bomb on her.

We did learn a little bit of curious information. Turns out the unit we live in, which is attached to hers, is owned by her bother, who now lives in Fresno. Frankly, if she were my sister I don't think Fresno would be far enough. What we find interesting is that Mary is such a rabid anti-smoker and yet her brother specifically advertised this unit as "SMOKERS OK!" That must be one fucked up family dynamic. The holidays must be an absolute blast with them.

Ordinarily I'd be concerned to see what low-life grifters replace Cindy, what with our new gangbanger neighbors across the street. But truth be told, I don't really care.

You see, Cindy isn't the only one moving...