Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Movin’ On Up. Or Sideways.



So... the new house is mostly done, the new carpet now laid. Looks great, I have to say. There are still a few odds and ends to wrap up. One bathroom still needs to be painted, but after painting the cathedral ceilings by hand that's going to be a piece of cake. I do love the house. I'd almost go so far as to call it my "dream house"... if it wasn't here. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd probably give it a "9" anywhere else, but once you calculate the "Bako Factor", it drops to about a "5".

Now it's time to get down to packing. This will probably go down as the easiest move of my life. The new place is only three blocks away, so a lot of things can be carried over. And more importantly, probably half of our belongings are still in boxes because WE NEVER PLANNED ON STAYING HERE.

Oh well.

Things change, hopes die, and here we are.