Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Joyeux Noel!

So just got in from walking the dogs, and I'm afraid Jim has lost his focus with the decorating. Yes, Christmas is slowly overtaking the poor turkey with a 12 pack, which he doesn't even bother to inflate anymore. There's an enormous inflatable now on the roof - I don't know what it is yet because it was flaccid, but it's red and green so obviously Christmas related. He'd better be careful though because it's awful close to the American flags and I'm afraid in a stiff breeze it'll be punctured.

But it's with the tree in front where I think he's taken a wrong turn. There are a bunch of new ornaments, sure, but now there's also ceramic roosters and hanging cast iron frogs. And capping it off, there's now a two foot replica of the Arc de Triomphe in the crux of the biggest limbs. WTF? The concept is a little lost on me.

He may be pressing his luck if he's planning on a Parisian theme, because he lives just a few doors down from the people who want to Boycott France. I wouldn't want anything to mar the holiday season here in the neighborhood.