Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Beginning Of The End



I've become a little obsessed with this whole "End Of The World" scenario.

Mostly I'm just upset I have so many outstanding invoices. Had I known I would have made them all payable now, not in 30 days. Now I will have worked for the past month for nothing.

I'm also not happy about the timing. Next week is my birthday and it's one of the uglier ones. If the world could have ended just a week sooner I could have avoided it altogether and died younger. Now I'm going to have to suffer through it and THEN spend an eternity in Hell.

I'm just assuming that's where I'm headed. Call it a hunch. But that's OK. I think that's where all the interesting people will be. Take a look at the people convinced they've already got a first class ticket to Heaven. What a fun bunch that looks like. A boatload of pious scolds. Call it whatever you like but an eternity spent with Pat Robertson sure sounds like Hell to me.

But ultimately it isn't going to happen. And I'll tell you why. One word...

Oprah.

Do you really think the world is going to end four days before her grand finale?

Never. Gonna. Happen.

The world ends when Oprah says it does and not a moment sooner.

Now, she may in fact choose to end the world on her last show. It's up to her. But I think it's more likely the studio audience will get a new car. It could go either way, but I'm going to go with the car.