Friday, August 6, 2010

The Clothes Make The Man


Evidently God was looking down from Heaven, noticed I had one small shred of dignity left and decided in His Divine Wisdom that the time had come to snuff that out too.

I was sitting in my sweatbox "office" yesterday afternoon, minding my own business, surfing the web, when the burly office manager stopped by with an armful of company polo shirts.

"Boss wants you to wear these" he grunted as he dumped them on my desk.

When I was offered the job I was told I would be "management" and wouldn't have to wear the idiotic company "uniform". Now I've apparently been demoted without even receiving my first paycheck.

So here I sit this morning in my tent like polo. They aren't much for tailoring here and the closest they could find to my size was 2XL. That's considered a "large" for Bakersfield. I guess when I leave here, soon I hope, I can always use them for car covers.

I feel like an idiot.

My will has been crushed.

I look like I work at Jiffy Lube.

Or Lady Footlocker.

It's just as well this office is a sauna. I'm sweating so much nobody will notice the tears.