Sunday, August 22, 2010

Aztec Gods Work In Mysterious Ways

Yesterday I wrote somewhat derisively (OK, a lot derisively) about the boyfriend's belief in the mystical voodoo power of a certain plaster Aztec princess that had been bestowed on us. That we had somehow angered her by stowing her under the couch and we had been forever cursed to live in Bakersfield because of it. And only after restoring her to a place of honor would the spell be lifted.

I thought he was on crack.

And then two hours after posting it, he received a job offer.

I'm not sure what to make of it but one thing is clear - Hiawatha, or rather the Princess Iztaccihuatl (so sorry Your Highness) now officially scares the hell out of me.

The details of the job are yet to be worked out and it will directly impact the fate of this blog, so stayed tuned for further details.

I must say the display of raw Aztec power is humbling to see. If I remember correctly, there's a roadside stand down in Mettler that is chock full of this plaster crap. We may just have to stock up. If a lowly Aztec princess can rock your world, can you imagine what a plaster Huitzilopochtli could do?

The possibilities are endless.