Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Stupid, It Burns

Retards. I can't say I'm surprised - they have a whole support system for them, B.A.R.C., "The Bakersfield Association of Retarded Citizens". But who knew it was half the population?

We left town to spend New Year's with friends, and driving back this afternoon we came upon a huge traffic jam.

What was it? Accident? Road closure?

Blinking traffic light.

And they didn't know what to do! It a fricking four way stop and everyone is just paralyzed like cows. Everyone just stared at each other at the intersection for several long moments, and then they all went at once, from every direction , creating instant gridlock. After a few even longer moments, they sorted themselves out. And then the next group did the exact same thing.

How these people feed themselves is beyond me.

It just reinforces the one resolution we both made for the New Year.... to Get The Hell Out.

If we're still here in a year I'll kill myself.