Monday, January 25, 2010

Roz Colored Glasses

It's been months since I last spotted the elusive Roz. It had been so long I thought perhaps I had just imagined her, which wouldn't speak too highly about my frame of mind. I thought I saw her a couple of weeks ago in the dense fog, but I couldn't be sure. It was definitely a Vette, looked to be the right color. And I swear I could make out the silhouette of some Ming the Merciless shoulder pads, but perhaps I was just seeing what I wanted, hoped to see. In the fog, it was like a sighting of Nessie.

And then yesterday, the dogs and I were out for our afternoon walk through an adjacent condo complex. I like this walk because it's circular and impossible to get lost. The dogs like it because there are cats. Loads of 'em.

Cats are a new delicacy....er, experience for the dogs. Where we used to live in the Hills, you didn't see any cats because they made such tasty coyote treats. The only cat I ever saw was in the predawn darkness on a way too early walk.

"My god..." I thought. "That's the biggest house cat I've ever seen".

Turns out it was a mountain lion.

At any rate, we were cruising through the condos and we turned a corner and there it was...

Roz's Lair!

A garage door was open and there sat the Rozmobile... WLDROZ!

She exists! And she lives so close.

It would appear that Roz might have a little OCD - stacked high against every wall were plastic storage containers, each neatly labeled with the contents. I couldn't get close enough to read them, but I imagine it's mostly Lil' Roz's wardrobe.

I have to admit to a certain sense of relief. I hadn't imagined her, she's real.

That means I'm NOT going crazy.

Not yet anyway.