Thursday, September 1, 2011

…And For Worse



Today is our anniversary. Nine years.

We met over Labor Day weekend in Palm Springs. I could share the charming and wholesome story we tell our friends and family, or the somewhat sleazier truth, but I won't. Suffice it to say, meeting the boyfriend changed my life for the better and I just want to thank him for putting up with me all these years, especially the last two harrowing ones.

I was looking up what the traditional anniversary gift is for the Ninth and I see that it's "Pottery".

Hmmm..... I found these...



...but I'm thinking that's just not right.

And then I discovered there's also a "modern" version of the anniversary gift list. It appears to have been written by the Sharper Image. "Desk Sets"? Really?

On that list, the Ninth is "Leather".

That opens up a whole world of possibilities. If you're into that sort of thing.

At any rate, I just wanted to commemorate our special day.

I love you honey.