Friday, September 23, 2011

Falling Into Fall



So today is the first day of Fall, and as luck would have it, a huge defunct satellite is about to "fall" back to earth. Talk about serendipity.

On the local news they teased that Bakersfield was a potential target. From their mouths to God's ears. Only later did I realize that the target area includes basically the entire populated surface of the Earth, so I'm not holding my breath. Besides, even if it did land here I'm not that sure anyone would notice, what with all the other debris.

I'm feeling somewhat uninspired today and thought I'd just post some of the local news highlights, which is always entertaining. But that's turned out to be somewhat of a disappointment.

There's the usual sex crimes with minors. Nothing special about that.

There's handy leftover tips from "BakersfieldMom.com".

Bakersfield made another list... "Least Educated". Tell us something we don't already know.

Overall, seems to be a slow news day. Not even a single police shooting or meth lab fire.

But then I found this...

"A U.S. Airways flight from Phoenix to Bakersfield was recently delayed by more than 30 minutes because the crew ran out of seat belt extenders to accommodate a large number of out sized passengers."

Way to stay classy, Bako.