Thursday, September 9, 2010

Unclear On The Concept


Yesterday I found myself stuck in traffic. (Yes, we have traffic here. It's what happens when "master planning" is considered some sort of Liberal conspiracy and you build dozens of far flung subdivisions and can't be bothered to improve the two lane country lanes that connect them.) I found myself stuck behind a "Super Patriot", a common species here although this was one of the more extreme examples I've seen.

The car was plastered with so many wingnut bumper stickers I couldn't even make out the color of the car. Countless American flags and eagles and all the slogans you come to expect here...

ONE NATION UNDER GOD

THESE COLORS DON'T RUN

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE

DON'T TREAD ON ME

Yadda, yadda, yadda.

But the one that amused me the most was the large one slapped on the center of the trunk...

BUY AMERICAN!

It was right above the Toyota emblem.