Monday, September 6, 2010

At Summer's End


The unofficial end of summer. And not a moment too soon.

Summer used to be my favorite season but time and circumstances have dropped it to the bottom of the list. It always seemed to start with such high hopes and anticipation, only to end with varying degrees of disappointment.

Summer became, for me at any rate, the season when grand plans didn't pan out, expectations were woefully unmet, vacation trips went horribly awry and on more than one occasion relationships imploded in the blink of eye.

Summer was when I lost my job, and then our home.

So when it comes to Summer... not a fan. Good riddance.

But the end of Summer means the beginning of Fall, my favorite season of the year.

You can feel the change in the air, and in my book any change is more than welcome.