Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Might Neighborly


Happy Good Neighbor Day!

Yeah, I'd never heard of it either. I don't know if it's a Bako thing, or if it's one of those small town phenomenon that just flies under the radar of most city slickers. Either way I find it absolutely charming. One day out of the year where you show your appreciation to your neighbors. Amazing. In 20 years in LA I never even met most of my neighbors.

They did a live remote on the morning news, at 6:30am, where people were lined up outside a florist, waiting for it to open. Waiting to buy flowers. For their neighbors! How nice is that? It's enough to melt the most cynical heart. Like mine.

It's put me in such a good mood, I may have to go out and buy some flowers for Cindy next door.

What the hell, I just may get some for Mary too.

Gotta go with the flow.