Thursday, May 20, 2010

Nothing But The Tooth

Just got back from dropping my dogs at the vet to get their teeth cleaned. They've needed to have it done for a long time but truth be told, we couldn't afford to send me to the dentist, let alone them. But then a couple weeks ago, my little one coughed up a tooth and we figured we had to find a way.

While I was checking them in, the nurse asked if they were up to date on their shots and if I knew when they'd had them.

September 12th, I told her.

She was surprised I knew the exact date and I explained that that was the day we moved to Bakersfield. I had boarded the dogs for the morning so the movers could pack up the house, and I'd had the vet get them up to date at the time.

"So why did you move to Bakersfield?" she asked.

She caught me off guard with the question and I sat there dumbfounded for a moment before replying...

"I wish I knew..."