Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Grand Finale


So I tuned in for the grand finale of LOST Sunday night, the night when ALL WOULD BE REVEALED. I'd been a pretty rabid fan for the first two seasons, but then I'd miss an episode here and there and be baffled the next week. And then when the time travel nonsense started it was "Check please..." But I became re-engaged for the final season and tuned in for the big finale, and I'm glad I did.

What I'm not glad about is that I watched it live. Oy vey.... the avalanche of commercials was beyond infuriating. Especially in the last hour when it seemed like you got one minute of program for every five minutes of ads.

*Spoiler Alert*

So it ends up they were in Purgatory all along. Six years in Limbo. I can relate to that. Six months in Bako feels like six years. But in the end, they finally saw the light and went to meet their Maker.

Just like our TV.

It gave up the ghost the very next day. Bought the farm. Kicked the bucket. It's gone for good this time I fear. It's... LOST.

And that wasn't the only thing. Just as soon as I wrote yesterday's post, my hard drive crapped out too. Twenty years of working on Macs and it was the first time I'd ever had that happen. I'm back up and running, a day's work and a thousand dollars... LOST.

Must be something about this place. There's death in the air.

Literally.

More on that tomorrow...