Wednesday, May 19, 2010

CSI:Bako


The top story on the local news yesterday was the fact that Bako is number 3 in the nation for car theft (per capita). I have to admit that surprised even me.

But what intrigued me even more was the anchorwoman's intro...

"Tonight Bakersfield has the distinction of landing on yet another list of dubious achievements...."

Another?

Sure enough, google "worst +Bakersfield" and you'll discover that Bakersfield is among the ten worst cities for:

• Air quality
• Pollution
• Allergies
• Men's AND women's health issues
• High school dropout rates
• Real estate
• Transportation

And that's just the first two pages.

But back to the car thefts. Bako was beat out by Laredo, Texas and Modesto to the north of here. There's always next year Bako!

Is it just me, or does it seem like all these right wing, "law and order" cities seem to have more crime issues than their pansy ass, liberal neighbors? All I know from living here awhile is that there is an awful lot of mayhem going on for a city this size. Gang shootings, police shootings, drug dealing, carjacking...

I don't have kids, but if I did, I wouldn't want to raise them here. I'd move somehwere safer.

Like Detroit.