Tuesday, March 30, 2010

F-Ville


I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook. Mostly hate.

I'd made peace with it over the past few months by simply never logging on. Or almost never. I receive email notifications whenever anyone leaves me a message on Facebook, and on those rare occasions, I'll log on to reply. Or not. But the days of endlessly scrolling through everyone else's fabulous life with a mixture of bitterness, sadness and envy are over.

But about a week ago I was the victim of a surprise attack, and since then have been under constant assault.

From Farmville.

I have no idea why the sudden barrage, the game has been around awhile. Probably because my "friends" are incredibly slow witted. Whatever the reason, for the past week, every one-off acquaintance who considers themselves a "friend" has been panhandling on the outskirts of Farmville...

"Become a Fan!"

"Listen to the Podcast!"

"Send me a Pig!"


Here's the thing...

I LIVE IN FUCKING FARMVILLE!

It isn't a game to me. I have to deal with it every day.

Oh sure, it's fun and cute and everything... listen, add in a couple of tons of manure and some poisonous aerial pesticides and see how much fun it is. You don't wake up every day in a town that smells like a cow's ass, covered in a layer of dirt.

I doubt seriously anyone would play this stupid game if they had to smell it.

So take your little cows that don't shit and your toxin free crops and take a hike.

P.S. I don't want to be in your fucking Mafia either.