Monday, March 1, 2010

Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here


We took our "Get Out Of Jail Free" card and left town for the weekend. Went to visit family in the People's Republic of Orange County. Seriously, I never thought I'd see the day Orange County would look like a bastion of progress, but then again I never thought I'd ever be living in Bakersfield. I guess if they can be dragged kicking and screaming out of the Dark Ages, there's hope for Bako, although I have no intention of hanging around long enough to find out.

At any rate, this is the sign you see as you enter the town. It replaced the far superior and fraudulent sign I posted as my first picture. Any sign announcing your arrival is a little superfluous -you can smell you've arrived ten miles out.

I couldn't help but notice it had been tagged.

So sad.

Not the tagging, the quality of the work.

While Bako does have it's gangbangers, they are definitely minor league, junior varsity thugs. You can tell by their grafitti - it's derivative and uninspired.