Friday, October 28, 2011

Doggie Downer



We so rarely go out at night it was a real treat to leave the house last night.

Unfortunately it was to go to emergency vet.

My little dog started limping on one of her rear legs yesterday afternoon and by the time the boyfriend got home she was walking around like "Tripod, the Three Legged Dog", refusing to put any weight on it at all. It wasn't long before she stopped trying to walk at all, so we all piled into the car for a trip to the vet. We took the other dog only because they've never been apart and we wanted to avoid any tsuris.

The vet said she may have popped her knee out of place and proceeded to pop it in and out of it's socket to demonstrate. I thought I was going to pass out.

He said it may clear up on it's own and sent us home with some doggie painkillers.

I have to say this was one experience where living in Hooterville has it's advantages. The last time we had to take one of the dogs to the ER in LA, it turned into an all-night ordeal and we left there close to $1000 poorer. This time we were in and out in less than an hour and it only cost $100.

It struck me that the dogs now get better health care than I do.