Friday, August 26, 2011

Give My Regards To Broadway



I take back my snarky post about the hurricane from a few days back.

At the time I figured it would just peter out but it's shaping up to be a major disaster and obviously my prayers go out to everyone who'll be affected by it.

I was remembering this morning my first ever trip to New York. It was 1974 and we were on a family trip up and down the East Coast. My mother insisted if we were going to New York, we were going to take in a Broadway play and it was with great anticipation we took our seats in the Minskoff Theater to see the one and only Debbie Reynolds in...

"Irene".

Weird, huh?

I even still have the program...



How gay is that?

Talk about natural disasters, just look at that dress!

I've been asked before when I first knew I was gay and this may have been the moment. I had a huge crush on Monte Markham and I wasn't even in Middle School yet.

Anyhow, here's to hoping this weekend in New York won't be as awful as the show.