Monday, August 22, 2011

Best. Job listing. Ever.



Just discovered on Craigslist....

Gifted Artist to Paint my Vision

Artist who is accomplished in drawing and painting to 1) sketch what I saw during a mystical experience and 2) use that sketch to paint what I saw. I am not looking for a fine artist who will want to interpret my experience or overlay his or her version or vision upon it. I am seeking someone who is skilled at rendering life-like drawings and paintings. This is the most profound experience of my life, and I want it preserved as if I had taken a photo of it. You would have to meet with me so that I could describe the experience while you sketched and modified the sketch according to my direction, e.g., make the hair longer, the gaze more intent, the look more commanding. In other words, you must be able to function like a police artist for the sketching component of this assignment. A sensitivity to the mystical and the spiritual--though, heavens, NOT the religious!--is key.