Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Good Lord Giveth and the Good Lord Taketh Away


I can't say I didn't see it coming. There have been lots of little clues for weeks. But still, it looked like we had finally somewhat stabilized our lives and I chose to whistle past the graveyard and not think about it. When I got into work yesterday morning and was told there was a three o'clock marketing meeting with no set agenda my heart sank.

And sure enough... laid off. Again.

I can't take it personally. They let the entire marketing department go. I'm getting remarkably blasé about it, but then again I've heard some variation of the "tough times/drastic measures" speech six times in the past two years. You'd think by now it would get easier to take, but it doesn't.

So, once more into the breach.

It not all bad news. The new Target opened this week. Later today I'll check to see if they're still hiring.