Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Gojira!


That would be the proper Japanese name for Godzilla.

When you think about it, this area would be perfect for a monster movie. We have the massive, secretive military installations to the east (Edwards Air Force Base and China Lake, California's answer to Area 51) and we have the ecological disaster that is Bakersfield proper. I'm surprised no one has thought to exploit that for a film. Of course if anyone were to think of it, they'd more than likely move the location to someplace a bit more scenic. I mean, who wants to look at Bako for two hours on screen?

The reason I thought of any of this this morning is I was watching the local weather report this morning...


Doesn't it look like he's about to come over the ridge and start stomping the hell out of Bakersfield?

I'd pay to see that.

Even pay extra to see it in 3D.