Friday, April 30, 2010

Bon Appetit


I saw online that they'd just announced the list of 50 best restaurants in the world.

Not a single Bako restaurant made the cut.

Not even The Olive Garden.

I think it probably has something to do with the local palate.

In trying to understand the situation, I've created the helpful graphic above.

Maybe it's just a language thing. You can't help but notice most of the restaurants on the list are European. Perhaps if we switched to French?

"Thon casserole de nouilles, à base de crème de champignons et de fromage fondu."*

That sounds good, right?

I'd give that five stars.

Or maybe they should go the fusion route. It's all the rage in the big cities. Only make it their own. Thai/Tot fusion? Indian/Helper?

They'll have to figure it out on their own. I'm just the idea guy.


*Tuna noodle casserole, made with cream of mushroom soup and processed cheese.