Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Darling I Love You But Give Me Park Avenue

So it was with great sadness I learned of the passing of Vic Mizzy on the news yesterday. He composed the theme song to "Green Acres", a song which has been running through my mind with alarming frequency recently.

Can't imagine why.

He also did "The Addams Family". Snap, snap.

But here's the thing - the northwest portion of Bako is referred to as Green Acres. We've come to a classic "chicken v. egg" moment... which came first?

Either:

A. A TV producer in the mid-60's unfortunately happened on this place, and thought - Hey! Sitcom Gold!

Or:

B. The city fathers were so taken with the TV show, and are so clueless, that they decided to name a huge portion of the city after it.

Dum Dee Dum, Dadda Dum Dee Dum.... Dum.. DeeDumDum, Dah! DeeDahDahDahDah...

I'm going to go with "B" Alex, even though I didn't ask the answer in the form of a question.