Wednesday, April 6, 2011

R.S.V.P.



The boyfriend is more than a little miffed that it's been a week and a half since our first dinner party and he's yet to receive so much as a "thank you" call. I don't know why he's surprised. Nice as they were, our guests didn't know what the salad forks were for, so I'm guessing they aren't really up on all the latest etiquette do's and don'ts.

But I do understand his disappointment. He really went above and beyond and slaved away in the kitchen for most of the day. He served an absolutely phenomenal meal - petite filets topped with brie, crab stuffed mushrooms, baby asparagus in a Hollandaise sauce and Lyonnaise potatoes with leeks. If that doesn't deserve a phone call, at the very least, I don't know what does.

In their defense, though, our guests did offer to reciprocate.

They promised they would have us over very soon for "Beer Chicken".

Now... as it was explained to us, "Beer Chicken" involves taking a can of cheap American beer, popping the top and then shoving it up the ass of a chicken. Place it on the grill over medium heat. That way the chicken is infused with all the subtle flavors and aromas of Schlitz and recycled aluminum.

Sounds refreshing.

I wonder what you serve it with? Tater tots? Some sort of jello mold? I guess we'll find out soon enough. I'll be sure to be on the look out for that engraved invitation.