Monday, June 28, 2010

“Ich Bin Ein Fucktard”


Why, you may ask, is he posting a photo of the Berlin Wall?

Surprise! I'm not!

It's the wall that surrounds the neighborhood of "Amberton".


Or is it "Westwood Estates"?

"Sagepointe"?

Beats the hell out of me - they all look the same. And they're all walled off from each other.


I've written about the feudal nature of this place. Why surround each neighborhood with an oppressive concrete wall? To keep out the marauding hordes from neighboring 'Laurelglen"?

"TO THE RAMPARTS!!!!"


I guess it just goes with the territory. These have got to be some of the unfriendliest people I've ever met. Maybe it's just us, maybe they sense that we're "different". Maybe if we slap a NRA or Jesus sticker on the car we'll end up hosting weekend BBQ's.

Or not.


It poses an interesting "chicken v. egg" conundrum... do all the walls make the people unfriendly? Or did the unfriendly people throw up the walls?


I'm gonna go with "B".