Tuesday, February 8, 2011

No Rest For The Wicked



Three.

The number of times my sister has launched a Mona Vie recruiting assault on me... in the hospital!

The woman is shameless.

I seem to remember another cult obsessed with juice, and that didn't end well.

Although, to hear her tell it, it isn't about the juice anymore. It's a "fantastic business opportunity". She claims she has several people interested in signing up with her, but she wanted to make sure I had the first crack at this "revolutionary business model".

I want to just tell her to fuck off, but the hospital frowns on instigating explosive family drama in the cardiac care unit. Go figure.

That isn't even the worse of it.

Saturday morning, not long after my mother had her breathing tube removed but was still unable to speak, my sister sat by her bed, stroking her hand, telling her she was going to be better than ever.

"What we really need to do is get your cholesterol down. And the best way to do that is by drinking more juice."

It's ghoulish. For all we know "the juice" is what triggered this crisis.

I know my mother and sister have had "issues", but I never thought it would come to the point where my sister would actually try to kill her.