Saturday, February 26, 2011

Meals On Wheels



"You're gonna laugh..."

The boyfriend and I were out running errands and it was lunch time. We were trying to figure out where to eat when he got the idea to take me to a restaurant a co-worker had taken him too.

"You're gonna laugh, but the food is actually pretty good."

And laugh I did, when we pulled into the parking lot of the Crest Bar & Grill.

But it turns out the food was actually pretty good. Probably the best burger I've had since we've lived here.

The reason I laughed is because it's not just the Crest Bar & Grill.

It's the Crest Bar & Grill and R.V. Resort.



Honestly, I don't get it. If you're going to spend 100 grand on a land yacht, you picture yourself camping at the beach, or Yosemite or the Grand Canyon or something. Not an asphalt parking lot off the highway in Bakersfield.

"Who would stay here?" I asked.

The boyfriend answered "It's probably just a pit stop on the way to somewhere better."

That's the story of Bakersfield in a nutshell.

That's not to say it wasn't nice for what it was. It did have a golf course...