Saturday, March 3, 2012

Bloody Obvious



The Cat Fancier was back in the news, the man accused of barbecuing neighborhood cats.

He was in court for his arraignment where he denied killing cats. He did however admit to decapitating them, drinking their blood and then cooking and eating them.

I hate to be the one to state the obvious but once you've removed a cat's head and drained the blood, you more or less have killed it.

Then again, stating the obvious is a particularly Bako trait. In a somewhat related, following story, it seems the Cat Fancier's house has been repeatedly burglarized during his incarceration. They interviewed his neighbor...

"I saw someone trying to get in through the window, so I called the cops. I used a phone."

Well, what the fuck else would you use? Telepathy?

It reminded me of a sign I'd seen earlier that day while I was driving on a street bridge over the Kern "River"..."'NO DIVING".

The Kern River has been dead for years, a trash filled dry gulch splitting the city in two. This particular stretch probably hasn't seen water since the Eisenhower Administration. Is there really a problem with people gazing over the rail at the dried, cracked, concrete-hard dirt bed and thinking "Hey, that looks refreshing...?"

If was up to me, I'd ditch the sign. Save the city some money and hopefully thin the herd in the process. It's a twofer.